Amanda's DMA Blog

Saturday, November 04, 2006


A Feather Tale
This movie was confusing. I do not know what it is about. We discussed in class that it might be rape. It may have been a dating relationship, and the girl felt that she had to give in to him to keep him. But I think that she might have been a prostitute. This explains most of the film. She was crying at the beginning, maybe out of guilt? And I kept wondering who it was that called her? and who delivered her? Why did she have to be delivered? Why, if it was a rape would there be an actual person delivering her? I think her being a prostitute answers these questions.
I think that Leeper said in class that he wanted girls to talk about the feminism side of this. Since I am a girl I guess I should talk about it. Let’s see, feminism, I am not sure that I like this term or at least the stigma that comes with it. I describe myself as a slight feminist. I believe that women are equal to men and as such have equal rights. I believe that it was very unjust for men to not allow women to vote. But I do not really think there is a problem now. I do not think that we should fight about door opening. I think that it is very sweet, and polite, when a guy opens the door for me. I really do not see why feminists have such an issue with this. By holding the door guys are showing respect, they are not indicating that I am incapable, or not smart enough to work the door handle, they are showing respect, and honor, and chivalry. I am also not against wearing dresses, although I do not think that I would be comfortable wearing a dress all the time. Jeans are just so comfy, there is nothing wrong with that.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I think that the woman also shares the guilt, for being willing to sell her body. There is always another way, it just isn't as easy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home