Amanda's DMA Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006


The Climatic Death of Dark Ninja was an interesting film. I thought that it was very cute. I can see how first moviemaking can happen like this. Mine didn't but that was because my first movie was just a family film type thing, but maybe that doesn't count because I didn't really have actors or anything. In that case then my first "official" movie was the one that we made for class. The movie that we made for class wasn't very much like The Climatic Death of Dark Ninja either though. Sure we had to work around people's schedules, and pull random people off the sidewalk to act, and the people we needed were'nt there when we needed them, and we had to reshoot scenes because they no longer fit in the movie. But, hey, that's the movie business. This stuff is what The Climatic Death of Dark Ninja was commenting on. I think that most of that stuff happens in professional films too. The only difference is in professional films they know how to deal with these things. This wasn't really about the film but suddenly I find that I have said all that I needed to say so I will quit on this subject.
On to the next subject, Garbage Man. I thought Garbage man was interesting. The plot was interesting, and basically understandable. The movie was impressive for amature artists. I think he said it was haigh schoolers, so that is impressive. I can see how some people would say that it was a spiritual "rebirth", or someone coming to christ, but to be honest I did not see it that way. So far none of the film's so far have given me that as a first impression. When we talk about it in class like that I can see it that way, but that is never my first instinct. Maybe my spiritual radar is not as in tune as others might be, or maybe I just take things at face value, I don't know, it probably doesn't matter. So anyways I did like the movie, Idid think that it was funny (especially the flower covering up), and I didn't see it as a specifically christian film except for the verse at the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home