Amanda's DMA Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006


In case you can't tell I am not talking about film in any particular order. I am simply going through other people's blogs and seeing which films they write about to help me remember what we have seen. Therefore they are in the order that I see and/or remember them. Also I try not to read what other people wrote about them before I write about them because I want you to have my opinion unhindered by what other people say about the movie.

Bad Animals
I did not like the movie. I can see how it would take a lot of work and be impresive and all, but I didn't really get it.So the story is this guy is at the bus stop and a guy in a chicken suit is across the road looking at him. The guy is uncomfortable with this (although we do not know why). The chicken guy slowly makes his way across the street toward the guy. The bus comes just in time and the guy escapes from the chicken. While the guy is on the bus a guy in a dog suit gets on. Again the guy is uncomfortable. The dog guy ends up sitting next to and sleeping on the guy. The guy gets off the bus. I think that there is another scene with another animal but I don't remember the specifics. Eventually the guy ends up in an alley with the animals surrounding him. The animals tie him up and throw him in the trunk, then they drive away laughing. Again it has been a while since we watched the movie and I don't remember the specific, but I do remember that I didn't particularily like the film. It seemed rather pointless. I think that I did get a few laughs in but overall the movie did not strike me as particularily interesting.
Its kinda like the second Pirates of the Caribean. I'm sure I am going to open a can of worms with this, but I didn't really like it. I laughed almost the whole way through, but I left with a sense of dissatisfaction, that is not a good thing. I loved the first PoC, but the second one kinda fell short of the mark. I understand that they are setting the stage for the third movie, so don't comment me that there will be a third movie because I know. I think that a movie should still have an ending. And I am going to say right now that if Will and Elizabeth do not get married I am sure that I will end up hating the whole series and never spend money on it again. Well that is my opinion, Im sure some of you disagree, feel free to comment me as long as you are not trying to explain that there is a third movie coming out (can you tell that I have heard that a lot? :)

4 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Caitlynn said…

    I liked Bad Animals, but you're right, it really didn't have a point to it. lol

    And I completely agree with you about PotC 2. I hated how it ended. And I didn't think the characters were consistent with who they were in the first movie (except for maybe Will...then again, it's mainly Elizabeth whose character change I have an issue with). I really don't appreciate the whole lack-of-a-solid-ending thing, either. Sequel or not, it's basically saying, "HA! Now you have to spend your time and money to watch another film of ours." Anyway. I definitely won't even consider buying PotC 2 unless the third one comes out and turns out to be incredible.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Caitlynn said…

    "Ever seen the second Matrix movie? It's exactly the same, very annoying."

    No, actually, I haven't. And if I did then I blanked it out. lol

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    About the Matrix ending thing. I did see the second Matrix and I don't remember that. That is interesting that it bothered my in PotC2 and not in Matrix 2. Maybe Matrix 2 covered it up a little better. Or maybe there was so much else that disturbed me about Matrix 2 that I didn't even give the ending a second thought. Or maybe it is that I spent $7. 25 on seeing PotC2 so I felt that it was a waste of money, wheras I didn't spend anything on Matrix 2 because my brother rented it.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Oh and the reasonthat I didn't like PotC2 is not because it was pointless. I kinda liked that too. In fact I laughed the whole way through. The reason that I didn't like it was that it didn't end. This is the only reason that I didn't like it. That is the only reason that I felt like I wasted money.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home