Amanda's DMA Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Leeper, I have a few questions, does our introductory blog count as one of our blogs? If you don't like movies that are all about the message, how did you end up working for Big Ideas? And, When you said that there was "not a christian in the bunch" at that children's film thing, was it because the christian's didn't want to be there, or that they didn't want the christians to be there?

Leeper also talked about children's media, and how it wasn't just for kids, or something like that. I think that if it is truly 'good' children's media adults will like it too. This includes books, films, games, and such. If it captures the mind and heart of an adult, while being appropriate for children, then it is good. I think that most people think that animation is for kids because a lot if it is not interesting enough for adults, but the kids will watch it, so we sell it to the kids.

Hedgehog in the Fog
This was a very cute film. It had an interesting and very realistic storyline. It sounded exactly like a little child's thoughts. One thing that I didn't really like was that I felt that there was a message in it, but I didn't get it. Leeper even mentioned something about a message. I really felt like there was one, or should be one. But I was frusterated because I could not find a message. I felt like I was being left out. I was also left with thwe question of who was the someone in the water. I am not sure why but I also felt that this was an important point and I could not figure it out. This is why I do not like analyzing movies. I do not usually dig deep into movies. I tried to with this movie, but since I couldn't figure it out, I was left with several questions and no answers.So now I am dissatisfied, even though I originally thought that it was a very cute film. One quote I really liked from the film was when he was in the water and he said "I am completely soaked, I will drown soon." This one made me laugh.

These are two picture that came up when I typed childre'n media into Google. They are also two examples of children's media that I would not watch, but that they push off on kids.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home