Amanda's DMA Blog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006


We are talking about video games in class. The reason that I didn’t volunteer to do a presentation is because I am not very big on video games. I do not play video games, mostly because I am not any good at them. I have absolutely no thumb-eye coordination. If I were to start playing video games I would probably start with the Wii because then I could move the controller and it would work. When I do play video games now I do swing the controller a lot and it does not help. But besides my complete inability to play, I really do not see a point in video games. They seem like a waste of time. I think that I am kinda afraid that I will get addicted to them and not be able to stop. This would be bad because I do have a life, and I would rather use it hanging out with friends or something, than sitting in front of a box. I also do not believe that violent video games are ok, from what I have seen there is little point to them except going through the game shooting at whatever you see. I do not see a good lesson in this. I am not saying that people who play violent video games will go out and hurt someone, but if you sit there for hours shooting at things it has to affect you somehow. During the Wii presentation they showed a clip of the people playing the games. I watched the people’s faces while they were playing a shooting game and they really looked like they were shooting, they were that engrossed in the game. It looked like they thought they were actually in the game. When I do play computer games I prefer to play games that involve some thinking on my part. I like to play Nancy Drew, and Civilization, and sometimes the sims. Well those are my thoughts on video games for today. Maybe I will think something new or different after the presentations on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home