Amanda's DMA Blog

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Trying to make friends in the DC, but it doesn’t work
I have to say that that is an awesome title. I actually like the fact that they didn’t feel constrained to a few words so they could actually describe the movie.
This movie is about a guy who is lonely so he tries to join a group and sit with them in the DC. He is annoying and spills something on someone. After this he is shunned from the table. The next couple of days they completely ignore him and move away. Finally he gives up on that group and he tries to join other groups but he is shunned from these too. He even tries to join the “unpopular” group and is rejected. Finally he gives up and sits by himself, alone, in the corner.
I thought that this was an interesting idea, but not fully developed. I like the basic idea behind the piece. But I agree with Leeper that he didn’t do enough stuff to actually be shunned from the group. And to be shunned from all the other groups? How did they know that he had spilled someones drink? And would they really be shallow enough to shun him just for that? The actual plot shown could have used a little more developing. The guy could have done a little bit more annoying stuff.
There was also quite a bit of discontinuity. But I thought that was kinda cool, it gave me something to look for as I was watching the movie because I heard from Matt beforehand about the continuity issues. Having discontinuity can distract from the scene, if the things that are not the same are major things in the scene. But I do not remember the continuity being that bad. I think it was mostly what they were eating, or drinking, or a shirt, or something smaller like that. So I think that it worked for them.

Coloring of the Soul
I think that this film was about a guy who was lonely and drew a picture of himself, then he went out and made some friends and he draws them into the picture. I thought that it was a good film. It had a good message and was nicely done. One thing that I remember is that this film was compared to Musical Frequency, which was the film that my group made. I guess people thought that music and art are the same thing. And I guess that they thought that the title was supposed to have something to do with the filmJ. But I will continue with that when I get to Musical Frequency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home