Amanda's DMA Blog

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ok, I am going to blog about our live-action and animation films that we did for class. This is a little bit hard for me because I do not really want to criticize anyone’s work. I was always taught that if I didn’t have anything nice to say I shouldn’t say anything. But I have discovered that a little bit of helpful criticism can be good, and I need some more blogs, so here it goes.

I am writing these blogs like three months after we watched the films, and because of this I only have my memory and other people’s blogs to know the stories. I have a pretty good memory but I find that I am not able to remember all of the stories. And the only person that I can find who wrote about all the Live-action projects was Caitlynn Lowe. And she didn’t write very much about the some of the films. So I will try my best to write something meaningful about all of them, but don't offended if I don't get it all right, or if I don't say much about yours.

Group 3 The Door
I thought that this was a cute movie. A guy approaches the door to heaven but finds that he is unable to open the door. Another guy come along naked and gets right in. The first guy tries some more but eventually gives up and walks away. As he is wandering along the paths he meets some homeless guys who take his ipod and clothes. He ends up back at the door wearing only his boxers because he had given everything else away. He realized that his earthly possessions were what was keeping him out of heaven before, so he shed his boxers and entered through the door.
It was a good idea, and it is biblically supported, although it is usually not our c lothes that keep us out of heaven. I thought that the set was pretty cool too. No one else thought to film their movie in a field. The three homeless guys were pretty funny, but I did wonder if they would be able to get into heaven since they took the guy’s stuff. I agree with Leeper that it didn’t have to be the door to heaven, but I don’t think that it hurt the piece the way it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home