Amanda's DMA Blog

Saturday, December 09, 2006


Patch Adams
I am watching Patch Adams. It is an interesting movie, but very sad. The story is about a guy, Hunter Adams, who admits himself into a mental institution. While there he meets and helps the other patients. This helps him realize that he wants to become a doctor and help people all of the time. He enrolls in medical school, and meets a lot of different people there, including a young lady, one of his classmates who he falls in love with. He ends up helping most of the people that he comes in contact with in some way. He starts a “medical clinic” in his home to help anyone who needs it. At one point the lady he fell in love with went to the home of one of the patients to help him and ends up being murdered by him. Patch is devastated and tries to quit but everyone tells him that he is needed. He eventually works through his issues and graduates medical school.
The fact that this is a real story is amazing. I am awed by people who know what they want to do enough to just stand up and do it. I wish that I were more that way. Sometimes I depend too much on what other people say, what they think of me.
I just realized that there is no shot, no blood nothing. I have watched this movie at least two times before, and for some reason I always thought that it showed her death, or heard a shot or something. I have feared that scene for years. That is the one part of the movie that I really did not want to watch. Maybe that is why I did not notice this before. I always fast forwarded through that part, so I wouldn’t have to see it. This time I do not have a remote, and I was too lazy to get up, so I watched it. I now wonder why I thought that there was a shot. For some reason I can even picture the scene. Actually I just realized something. I am watching the made for TV version of the movie. It is possible that in the real version this scene is actually there, I do not know. But I do know that this scene is disturbing none-the-less. I still find it incredibly creepy and sad.
Overall the movie is good, but depressing. So if you are going to watch it keep a happy movie on hold for after it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home